We are a spiritual practice collective dedicated to Touching the Earth for the freedom and liberation of all beings.
Become a financial contributor.
Bhumisparsha is hosting the following events.
We hope to provide the sangha with a sustainable, member-driven income. The BEST way to provide that stability is through a monthly contribution th... Read more
$1,899.22 USD of $5,000 USD / month raised (38%)
Starts at$2 USD / month
Offer direct support to Global Majority + BIPOC Community Organizing within Bhumisparsha Read more
$1,704.44 USD of $5,000 USD raised (34%)
Starts at$5 USD
One-Time donations are just as vital to ensuring we can meet our budgetary needs for the year. Your gift now will help fuel Bhumi's practice. Read more
Starts at$5 USD
Support the following initiatives from Bhumisparsha.
Bhumisparsha is a dynamic spiritual community that thrives on the participation, wisdom and experience of its members. In the tradition of different lineages we seek financial sustainability from the interdependence of our community. We recognize that many fundraising models function in capitalist frameworks and reproduce the harms of a capitalist system. We are in the process of articulating our values around how we can engage with money in a way that does not reproduce this harm. As a first step, we are attempting to raise funds through monthly community donations.
- Is built upon the principles of interdependence and the generosity of giving and receiving
- Equitably supports the activities of the teachers and staff, paid and volunteer
- Enables participation of those who wish to attend teachings and events, regardless of their ability to pay
Please note: while one time contributions are helpful, in order to be sustainable for the long-haul, we benefit from reliable, consistent funding that will be there every month. For this reason we strongly encourage people to choose a monthly amount that feels sustainable for them that will also lead to our sustainability as a community.
- Is there an amount that feels aligned with my values? What are my values around money?
- What is my capacity to give? Do I often give more than my capacity? Do I often give less? Is there a go-to number I fall back on? Where does that number come from?
- How well resourced am I financially? Will I notice this amount? Will it disable me from caring for myself and others? Will I not feel this amount at all? Will it cause me to stretch to a level that feels expansive or contractive?
- Where do my financial resources come from? How much financial privilege do I have based on my race/class/gender/family/ability, etc?
- What is the basis of my giving? Do I give because I am an active member of the sangha? Do I give as an effort to redistribute resources in a more equitable way? Do I give as an expression of my gratitude? Do I give because it feels joyful to support the community in this way?
- What amount feels right (neither too much nor too little) to me, knowing that generosity includes the flow of giving and receiving?
Top image: Masaaki Komori, unsplash.com
Bottom image: himalayanart.org
Transparent and open finances.
from CROWDCAST, INC. to Bhumisparsha •