Zcoin Development Update 17 April 2020
Published on April 17, 2020 by Reuben Yap
Core Upgrade, Deterministic Masternodes and LLMQ
- Core upgrade is complete.
- Huge improvement in sync time (almost cut in half). Complete re-index on a Ryzen 2700X and SSD takes about 1.5-2 hours. This can be accelerated further once Zerocoin code is taken out.
- Testnet release with explorer on te14.zcoin.io
- Long lived masternode quorums are working
- Transitions from legacy Znodes and Evo Znodes have been tested
- Testing and bug fixing before public release
- Once released, 3 weeks to upgrade then an additional 3 weeks to register new masternodes on the new Evo system before payment mode switches over.
- Work to update Znode masternode tool to support the new masternode system has started.
- Lelantus join/split functions for spends are being written
- Unit tests for Lelantus integration being written
- Anonymity set to be adjusted to keep single proof verification within 0.5 seconds
- Batch verification to be implemented as follows
- For syncing
- Within each transaction
- Wallet to prompt upon startup and upon activity when new funds come in for password so that funds will be auto-minted to Lelantus (with a setting to disable auto-minting)
- Mints should always be individual transactions (with unique txid) for each address. This prevents mints from being linked together besides time.
Elysium Sigma and ZTM
- Elysium tokenization layer is merged to master and set to activate on 4th May.
- To decide whether to publicize as although fully functional, additional development time is required for adaptation of blockchain explorer to support Elysium tokens
Mobile App with Sigma
- Android build is ready with full Sigma mint and spend functionality (ask if you want to test!)
- PR pushed and awaiting for Edge to accept
- IOS build is being worked on
Electron Wallet GUI
- Electron wallet is now available on Get Zcoin page as an alternative wallet to QT.
- Address book completed by Arcadia with assistance from Tadhg
- Mnemonics recovery and creation completed by Arcadia with assistance from Tadhg
- Wallet version 1.06 released with bug fixes
- Startup code being rewritten via Sproxet’s ZCS proposal. Work is almost complete
- New academic paper on Hierarchical One-out-of-many Proofs that greatly improves proving time has been published.
- Found an issue where 32 bit builds of Zcoin could not generate Sigma transactions. Thanks to Noir team for letting us know!
- Initial research on FlyClient seems promising for fast syncs. May be easier solution than zk-proof based instant sync.
- Support Zcoin’s work via OpenCollective and get swag!