This is our inaugural event launching Tech for Good New Zealand as a community network for those interested in how technology can enable social impact projects and social enterprise.
Our future events will be more thematic focused around technology topics such as data for impact, digital business models, but also thematic areas such as mental health, tech to support disabilities, and education.
Starting at 6pm, the format for the evening will be ..
Networking & food
- Joel Umali and the South Auckland Maker City Strategy sharing how digital fabrication can support skills development of young people, and setting up the makerspace in South Auckland
- Damian Sligo-Green and the Kaia the Kaka immersive experience to engage young people in NZ wildlife
- Lisa King and the tech journey for Eat My Lunch
- Pat Snedden and The Manaiakalani Education Trust (http://www.manaiakalani.org/about-us)
Group session and panel Q&A including..
- Social Enterprise Auckland
- Callaghan Institute
- Massey University
Wrap-up & drinks for a 9pm close
Transparent and open finances.