About Open Collective
While the Internet has been very good so far at helping people do things together, it is still very difficult for groups to collect money and use it transparently. As a result, we see initiatives, projects, movements popping up here and there that disappear quickly from lack of funding. Imagine how many wonderful things don’t happen in the world because funding - which is oxygen for most organizations - is difficult to sustain. Without an easy way to raise and spend money, it’s hard to manage and grow many of these seeds of an idea that could change the world.
Meetups, open source projects, parent associations, neighborhood associations, pet projects, clubs, unions, movements, non-profits, business incubators - in order to operate, all of them are forced to use a physical glass jar, ask a sponsor to directly pay their expenses or front the huge overhead of setting up and managing a corporation or a non-profit. It’s either inefficient and opaque or it’s overkill.
Open Collective enables groups to quickly set up a collective, raise funds and manage them transparently.
We want all those seeds to have a chance to grow, to bring their ideas to life. We believe everyone should have the tools to create the organizations of tomorrow. And we are dedicating ourselves to making that happen!
— Pia & Xavier, Open Collective Founders
Contact us: [email protected]
Support: [email protected]
- A New Form of Association For the Internet Generation, Xavier Damman
- If you can’t beat them, abstract them., Pia Mancini
- A New Way to Fund Open Source Projects, Xavier Damman
- Money and Open Source Communities, Xavier Damman
- Let's Talk About Money, Aseem Sood
- Moving beyond the charity framework, Pia Mancini
- From Firms to Collectives, Xavier Damman
- Being a Circle in a World Made for Triangles, Alanna Irving
- Ten Steps to Successful Open Source Crowdfunding, Alanna Irving
- Turning our City into an Open Collective, Xavier Damman
- Cities Are Open Collectives, Pia Mancini
- From the Internet of Information to the Internet of Actions, Xavier Damman
- The New Citizen, Xavier Damman
Subscribe to our Talks Playlist on YouTube
- Transparent by Design, Pia Mancini, Monki Gras, London 2018
- From the democracy of our voices, to the democracy of our actions - Xavier Damman, Crowdsourcing Week, Luleå (Sweden) March 2018
- Cities as Open Collectives - Pia Mancini, OuiShare Fest, Paris 2017
- Reducing the Friction for Citizens to Create Associations and Sustain Them - Xavier Damman, iMAL, Brussels November 2017
- A new Way of Sustaining Open Source - Pia Mancini, Zeit, Berlin September 2017
- How to Fund Communities and Movements Transparently - Xavier Damman, OuiShare Fest, Paris, 2016
- A New Form of Association to Build a New World, Together - Xavier Damman, OSFEST, Barcelona 2016
Media / Logo