Expense approval cadence
Expenses claims are reviewed by Ubuntu Budgie admins once a week, on Mondays.
Expenses claims can be filed by Ubuntu Budgie team members or contributors. Every claim needs to be approved by one of the Ubuntu Budgie admins via email before purchase is made.
For services that have recurring cost, a single email approval can be used for claims within the same calendar year. If possible, choose a yearly payment for services. This is a good way to reduce workload. Services that only invoice on a monthly basis can be claimed too.
Expenses claims must include the following documents:
- Export of email conversation with one of the Ubuntu Budgie admins. This can be done by "printing" email thread to file. PDF format works fine. Email thread should show total price including shipment, items description, and written approval.
- Invoice must be dated after approval.
- In case of hardware purchases, picture of received goods.
Type of expenses that can be claimed
Items from the list below are examples of what type of expenses can be claimed. Other item types can be claimed as long as they are approved by one of the Ubuntu Budgie admins.
- Hardware purchase that benefits the project.
- Software license or service subscription needed for tasks related to the project.
- Infrastructure services needed for the project.
- Merchandise and other prizes for community events.
- Donations to other FOSS projects.
- Donations to well known charities that can be verified online.
How do I get paid from a Collective?
Submit an expense and provide your payment information.
How are expenses approved?
Collective admins are notified when an expense is submitted, and they can approve or reject it.
Is my private data made public?
No. Only the expense amount and description are public. Attachments, payment info, emails and addresses are only visible to you and the admins.
When will I get paid?
Payments are processed by the Collective's Fiscal Host, the organization that hold funds on their behalf. Many Fiscal Hosts pay expenses weekly, but each one is different.
Why do you need my legal name?
The display name is public and the legal name is private, appearing on receipts, invoices, and other official documentation used for tax and accounting purposes.
Collective balance£10,105.30 GBP