We are coming together to make Brussels a great city to live and work.
BrusselsTogether is a platform for the new generation of associations transparent by design.
We enable communities to create a virtual non profit so that they can start collecting money and launch events without having to worry about setting up yet another legal entity and accounting.
Our community operates in full transparency as we believe in open source and progress.
What can an open collective do?
An open collective can collect one time and recurring donations (monthly or yearly). Anyone in the community can file expenses for reimbursement. After approval by the administrators of the collective, the host (in this case #BrusselsTogether ASBL) reimburses the full amount. You can also create events and sell tickets and sponsorships.
Check out these examples:
How much does it cost?
- There is a 5% administration fee + credit card fees (1.4% + €0.25 for European cards and 2.9% + €0.25 for non-European cards)
- BrusselsTogether membership (10€/month)
What are the limitations?
You cannot hire people (except freelancers or via SMartbe). Beyond that, your collective acts as your own virtual association.
How to apply?
It only takes a few minutes to have your collective up & running!
Why do we do what we do?
There are many people who are trying to bring Brussels to the 21st century. People who are trying to redefine mobility, education, environment, art, culture, etc.
Community building is crucial to answer these challenges.
Today, communities rely on competitive processes to get funding through subsidies. It's a distraction and it's not sustainable. There's got to be a better way.
That's what we want to explore with #BrusselsTogether. Can we recreate a city from the bottom up, with transparency, inclusiveness, and an experimentation spirit as its core? A city where everyone is invited to contribute? A city where everything is possible.
By contributing to the collectives below, you are helping the development of this new city. A city that invites its citizens to contribute. A city that makes it easy for them to create associations to improve the quality of life for all.
Be part of the change
We all have something to contribute.
- BrusselsTogether Meetup 2, March 1, W-est end izakaya - Ex Bravo
- BrusselsTogether Meetup 3, April 5, Brass'Art Digitaal Cafe
- BrusselsTogether Meetup 4, May 3, BeCentral
- BrusselsTogether Meetup 5, June 7, Elzenhof Elsene
- BrusselsTogether Meetup 6, July 5, DigitYser
- Meetup - Sustainable mobility, September 6, Le Phare du Kanaal
- Discover 3 initiatives transforming Brussels, September 19, transforma bxl