News from January, February, March and April 2021
Published on April 30, 2021 by Kim Kulling
The latest updates:
- The documentation site has a new design. The treeview to navigate to the chapters is new. I added a developer-chapter also. Now new developer shall have a much easier start to write their own importers and exporters. And I fixed a lot of typos, missing links, missing images, and so on. You can take a look at my work here: https://assimp-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
- I fixed a lot of fuzzer bugs found by the oss-fuzzer project from Google.
- The pugi-xml port broke the AMF-Importer completely. It took me some weeks to fix all the issues I had introduced. But now it works again
- I am currently porting the X3D-Importer to the new pugi-xml based Xml-Parser. I will be able to reuse most of the old code. Hopefully, I will have a working prototype in the next weeks.
- Some statistics: in the last most I was able to close 45 issues. 42 new issues were generated. I don't know how to come below the target number of 200 open issues for the 5.1 release. We merged 25 pull-requests and 16 pull-requests are currently open.