Here we are in the second wave
How is everyone doing? It’s tough for all kinds of reasons to be back in the second lockdown, but we can still look out for each other and lend a hand to our neighbours when they need it.
***We wanted to share that we have a new phone number for help requests (07541604185) and are looking to put up some new posters in shop windows.***
The Caledonian Road and Barnsbury wards mutual aid group has been a bit quieter in Whatsapp of late - but we are still here, still active and renewing our commitment to doing what we can to promoting neighbourly support in our communities.
At the moment, we are still dealing with various requests for shopping and prescriptions as they come in for people who are shielding or self-isolating, and we are still actively supporting and fundraising the weekly foodbank at the Blessed Sacrament on Copenhagen Street.
Here’s what you can do:
- Keep an eye on the whatsapp groups for the volunteering tasks as they come in
- Print out some posters and put them up in shops or in blocks of flats
- Help us do some internal admin (tracking which volunteers that are dormant still want to help, drafting emails to corporations that might donate)
- We could so with some extra support of people to join our coordination group - a short weekly meeting online (in practice this is no longer every week), and then occasionally processing the volunteer requests as they come in.
- Make a donation online to support the local foodbank
Wishing everyone what they need to keep themselves and their loved ones safe during these challenging times.