Open Collective Foundation
Our payouts are processed twice a week. We will endeavor to pay within 7 days of an expense being approved by the admin of the Collective or Fund. We can usually turn payments around much sooner, but can’t guarantee that and don’t want to set that expectation. We make payments via Bank Transfer (via Wise) and can only make payouts to countries served by these payment processors. You are not required to upload an invoice document (the data you submit in the expense form is sufficient) but if you would like to include an uploaded invoice, please make it out to: Collective name, Open Collective Foundation, 340 S LEMON AVE #3717, Walnut CA 91789 USA.
NOTE: We are not currently able to pay out expenses to Paypal accounts. You can find more info on this here. We will post an update and re-activate the option on the expense page when this is an option again.
Expenses covered by the mutual aid network are:
- Living expenses (i.e. food, rent, gas, utilities)
- Out-of-pocket health + wellness care expenses (i.e. counseling, hormones, hospital, spiritual direction fees)
- Personal/professional development expenses (i.e. seminars, retreats, books)
- Wage support for mental health, menstrual, sick, grief, trauma.
- Legal fee reimbursement (i.e. retainer, court fees, filing fees)
- Travel expense reimbursement (i.e. flight, train tickets, hotel)
- Spiritual practices support (i.e. yoga fees, art supplies, rock climbing gym, music lessons)
- Translation services
- Child care
Expenses that exceed $600 are eligible for a "project" in the Open Collective. Projects allow for community support to raise the funds needed beyond the $600 maximum. ($600 can be granted in the immediate need. The excess would then be resourced out to the Koinonia network and beyond.)
How do I get paid from a Collective?
Submit an expense and provide your payment information.
How are expenses approved?
Collective admins are notified when an expense is submitted, and they can approve or reject it.
Is my private data made public?
No. Only the expense amount and description are public. Attachments, payment info, emails and addresses are only visible to you and the admins.
When will I get paid?
Payments are processed by the Collective's Fiscal Host, the organization that hold funds on their behalf. Many Fiscal Hosts pay expenses weekly, but each one is different.
Why do you need my legal name?
The display name is public and the legal name is private, appearing on receipts, invoices, and other official documentation used for tax and accounting purposes.
Project balance$81.61 USD
Open Collective Foundation