Transparent and open finances.
Credit from Pavel Koryakin to SUN Leaders Program •
Credit from Guest to SUN Leaders Program •
SUN Leaders Program supports 35 young leaders and their social projects in Ukraine.
We enable leaders to focus on rebuilding and transforming Ukraine, and help projects become sustainable and scale.
We are fundraising for leaders' scholarships fund and administrative costs.
One full scholarship for one leader is €3000.
Why is it needed?
- War in Ukraine has been going on for more than half a year. While the immediate response is now mostly covered, we need to step in and support projects with longer-term goals and impact, to work on rebuilding and transforming the country.
- Projects are underfunded. Big international organizations get most of the donations. While small local initiatives do work in the fields and get no support. Leaders have to combine working to make a living with their activism. They can’t fully focus on their initiatives and create as much impact as they could.
- Leaders need guidance, mentoring and learning opportunities. Some leaders started volunteering without any expertise or knowledge, just because it had to be done. Other activists have been in the field for some time, but had to change their focus due to new realities of war. Many of them burn out due to overworking themselves and being underfunded.
About the Program
SUN Leaders Program is a 6-months Fellowship Program for young leaders of social projects in Ukraine.
Who are these leaders?
- 🇺🇦 Ukrainians, working in Ukraine
- 🌟 18-30 years old
- 💪 Ready to take responsibility and act
What are the projects?
- Already functioning projects (not idea stage), and showing some results
- In the fields of SDGs 3, 4, 8, 10, 11, and EU integration of Ukraine
What does the Program offer?
- 🙌 We support leaders in growing and scaling their projects: by offering them mentoring, educational resources, network of expert and fellows.
- 💶 We allow them to focus, remove some of their financial anxieties: by offering a monthly scholarship of €500. Leaders can spend the scholarship as they want: e.g. cover their basic living expenses, or cover project costs.
Some of previous fellows:
- Olga Ilyukhina, with the project "Healthy food for kids". SDG target 3.4. Reduce mortality from non-communicable diseases and improve mental health
- Olena Shulha, with the project "Engineering Week". SDG target 4.3: Equal access to affordable technical, professional and higher education
- Scaled their project nationwide
- Won grants to fund their activities
- Hired new team members
- Launched a social enterprise
- Partnered with the government and businesses
SupportUkraineNOW is a Global Shaper-led volunteer organization focused on tailoring and curating effective solutions to the Ukrainian crisis. Now an ecosystem with 10+ initiatives in the spheres of economy, activism and humanitarian response to the war in Ukraine.
- Future Development Agency. Leaders Fund
Future Development Agency is a project office for social change, established in 2015. We implement our own projects and work as a back-office for the development of national institutions, local governments, civil society organizations, social businesses. At Leaders Fund we provide financial support and mentorship to leaders of change and scale their social projects.
Become a financial contributor.
SUN Leaders Program is all of us
Our contributors 166
Thank you for supporting SUN Leaders Program.
Mighty Ally +...