Open Collective Europe
Brussels based non profit to host open collectives across Europe
We are fiscally hosting 213 Collectives
Become a financial contributor.
Top financial contributors
€143 EUR since May 2019
€2 EUR since Sep 2019
€0.81 EUR since Apr 2019
€0.61 EUR since Aug 2020
€0.20 EUR since Jan 2021
Open Collective Europe is all of us
Our contributors 20
Thank you for supporting Open Collective Europe.
Let’s get the ball rolling!
News from Open Collective Europe
Updates on our activities and progress.
December update - New pricing and general documentation 📝
TransferWise is now available for payouts
We are offering free fiscal sponsorship for #COVID19 related collectives
Let’s get the discussion going! This is a space for the community to converse, ask questions, say thank you, and get things done together.
Bank Transfer pending for a long long time
Published on May 10, 2021 by Hendrik Lehmbruch
Two questions. 1. How long does it take till a bank transfer is booked and shown on a collective page. I made a contribution more than a week ago and it is not shown on my personal side nor on the collective page! So what is gone wrong, it...
Waiting for expense to be processed/paid
Published on April 22, 2021 by Alexander Todorov
It looks like https://opencollective.com/kiwitcms/expenses/38559 is taking longer than usual to be processed. From what I can see previous expenses have been processed in unde...
Transparent and open finances.
- What can an open collective do? An open collective can collect one time and recurring donations (monthly or yearly). Anyone in the community can file expenses for reimbursement. After approval by the administrators of the collective, the host (in this case Open Collective Europe Non Profit) reimburse the full amount. Learn More. You can also create events and sell tickets and sponsorships, for example: BrusselsTogether meetup, Vegan Brussels dinner.
- ** How much does it cost?** There is a 6% administration fee + credit card fees (1.4% + €0.25 for European cards and 2.9% + €0.25 for non-European cards). Fee is 6% flat on incoming bank transfers.
- ** What are the limitations?** Your collective remains an unincorporated partnership. That means that you cannot use the Open Collective Europe ASBL non profit as the point of contact, billing address or legal entity responsible for your activities. Concretely it means that you cannot hire people (except freelancers that can send an invoice to your collective). But you can use the host to receive grants and subsidies. They just need to be addressed to your collective.
- Where can I find more information?* See the documentation on Open Collective
- Open Source Collective enables open source projects to collect money to sustain themselves
- Women Who Code enables more than 70 local chapters around the world to focus on their mission.
- Open Collective Brussels enables citizens in Brussels to create open collectives
- Open Collective Paris enables citizens in Paris to create open collectives