Receipt #136824 to NumFOCUS
May 1, 2023
Total amount $3,317.39
Please read our expense request guidelines entirely before submitting a request.
General Expense Requirments
- The date of the purchase or estimate
- an itemized list of charges
- Advertising & Promotional: non-conference promotional item purchases such as t-shirts, and paid advertising costs
- Awards & Gifts: Sums less than $300 given on behalf of the project for recognition programs and other community-building activities
- Equipment: Items under $2,500.00 such as laptops, keyboards, etc.(Please email [email protected] regarding items over $2,500.00)
- Meals & Entertainment: Non-conference-related dining and other outings for project members
- Professional Development: Training and certifications, continuing education (Coursera, Udemy) for project members
- Repair & Maintenance: Equipment repair and maintenance
- Scholarships & Sponsorships: Scholarships and sponsorships awarded by the project such as Outreachy, Software Freedom Conservancy, etc
- Shipping & Delivery: Non-conference shipping expenses such as FedEx, USPS, UPS (Anything that needs postage)
- Software & Subscriptions
- Administration: Administrative applications and subscriptions for file organization and management, text editing, project management, etc.
- Cloud Services & Hosting: Cloud service and storage subscriptions, domain hosting platforms and services
- Communication: Communication platform subscriptions such as Zoom, Webex, Google Voice, etc.
- Community Engagement: Memberships and subscriptions to community platforms such as Meetup
- Marketing & Design: Marketing and design asset services such as Adobe Stock, Shutterstock, etc.
- Supplies: Non-equipment supplies such as paper, notepads, chargers, cords/plugs, etc.
- Travel: Non-conference travel and accommodations for project members
- Conference & Workshop Expenses (Please make sure these requests are submitted under the appropriate project card)
- Accommodations: Accommodations for overnight stays to attend or run a project conference such as Hotel, Hostel, Airbnb, Vrbo, etc.
- Audio Visual: Video processing services, AV equipment rental
- Catering: Catering and meals provided during a conference or workshop
- Entertainment & Meals: Dinners for planning committee members, speakers, volunteers, or special guests
- Per Diems: Sums lees than $300 for speaker and attendee per diems
- Promotional: Promotional items to hand out such as stickers, t-shirts, etc.
- Shipping & Delivery: Shipping for conferences or participation at a conference: FedEx, USPS, UPS (Anything that needs postage)
- Supplies: Printing, banners, handouts, table cloths, etc.
- Travel: Travel reimbursements for speakers and volunteers
- Economy and coach fares
- Extra leg-room (under $100), extra checked baggage fees for event materials, onboard WiFi if working on project business
- Taxi, Lyft, Uber, or other rideshare apps (for transport to/from the event or to/from the airport)
- Venue & Online Hosting: Conference main venue, social event venue and online event spaces such as Gather, Zoom, etc.
- hours worked
- description of the work performed
- hourly rate
- billing date range
- Community Management: Moderation of communication channels such as Github, Discourse, marketing and outreach, event coordination
- Consulting: Expert consulting such as DEI, survey design, etc.
- Coordination: Administrative and operational support services such as clerical or finance-related activities
- Dev Ops: Management and oversight of codebase, cloud & other infrastructure
- Development & Maintenance: Code development and maintenance, updates, creation of new features and algorithms, testing and bug fixes
- Documentation: Development and translation of documentation and creation of other publications
- Marketing & Graphic Design: Creation of and management of marketing and design assets
- Web Development & Maintenance: Website development and maintenance
Certain expenses are not generally allowable. Any exception will require prior approval. Please have a member of project leadership email [email protected] to obtain approval.
- Alcohol and alcoholic beverages
- Articles and/or cash stolen or lost
- Late fees or other fees for personal credit card
- Unauthorized trips or entertainment
- First-class or business class airfare and train tickets
- Extra leg-room (in excess of $100), extra checked baggage fees if not for event materials, onboard WiFi if not for work, and other fees for airfare, train, or bus tickets
- Articles of clothing or other personal items
- Private/Premium car services (other than the normal fare Standard Taxi/UberX/Lyft)
How do I get paid from a Collective?
How are expenses approved?
Is my private data made public?
When will I get paid?
Why do you need my legal name?
Organization balance$251,456.23 USD