Released urllib3 v1.26.8
Published on January 7, 2022 by Seth Michael Larson
- This release will be the last release supporting Python 3.5. Please upgrade to a non-EOL Python version.
- Added extra message to urllib3.exceptions.ProxyError when urllib3 detects that a proxy is configured to use HTTPS but the proxy itself appears to only use HTTP.
- Added a mention of the size of the connection pool when discarding a connection due to the pool being full.
- Added explicit support for Python 3.11.
- Deprecated the Retry.MAX_BACKOFF class property in favor of Retry.DEFAULT_MAX_BACKOFF to better match the rest of the default parameter names. Retry.MAX_BACKOFF is removed in v2.0.
- Changed location of the vendored ssl.match_hostname function from urllib3.packages.ssl_match_hostname to urllib3.util.ssl_match_hostname to ensure Python 3.10+ compatibility after being repackaged by downstream distributors.
- Fixed absolute imports, all imports are now relative.