Another Tuesday passed. This time there are two extension releases.
Bootstrap 4 got docs about migrating from Bootstrap (3) extension and a little bit of syntactic sugar that is present in Bootstrap (3) but was lost during initial implementation.
Losing features during initial (re-)implementation and getting them back later is typical and we expect that to happen with Yii 3 as well.
Debug extension release got a number of nice enhancements on board:
- Total request processing time and peak memory consumption were added on index page for each request
- Improved error when no debug data present
- Browser compatibility was improved so toolbar now works with IE and older browsers
- Closures are now serialized with the help of opis/closure eliminating related issues
- Module got tracePathMappings option that allows you to fine tune stacktrace links to work for Docker image with file system mapped to host machine
No Yii 2 release was tagged this time. Travis builds were messed up and too much time was spent fixing that at least partially. Anyway, Yii 2 got quite a number fixes that will make it to the next week release. It is a good idea to try it with your project and report issues if any.
Yii 3 less progress this week but there are some things to highlight:
- Requirements checker was extracted into its own package
- Swiftmailer backend for mailer package is done
There are two interesting discussions to check: