Extension releases and Yii 3
Hello everyone! It is Alexander again.
// if you want to write next set of notes, let me know
Today three Yii 2 extensions got new releases:
- Debug 2.1.11 adding more garbage collection, fixing issues and adding buttons for navigating between requests
- Auth client 2.2.5 replacing deprecated dependency spomky-labs/jose with JWT Framework
- Redis 2.0.11 adding Redis cluster.
With my informal announcement of the intent to get Yii 3 alpha release by the end of the year many community contributors became very active so likely the summary below misses a few interesting things that happened since last time.
Tomorrow I'm heading to Bulgaria PHP to speak about code packaging principles. While the talk is not about Yii 3, it is more or less what shaped packages set we have now.
There are no conferences scheduled after that so my plan is to focus on Yii 3 even more.
But, enough about my plans, let's get to progress so far.
- yii-cycle package was created by @roxblnfk. It makes it much easier to integrate Cycle ORM implementing connection itself, scanning entities for changes, migrations console commands including diff-based migration generator. If you want to try it, check out this pull request from yii-demo.
- Many tests were contributed by Somogyi Márton, Zhukov Roman, romkatsu.
- @roxblnfk added support for friendly exceptions to yii-console.
- Network utilities package was extracted from common codebase. Right now it contains IP helper. More features are to be added such as checking NS records of a domain.
- Another iteration of widgets implementation was made by Wilmer Arambula. It didn't fit this time but he's going to do another attempt.
- @simialbi proposed using GitHub actions to run unit tests. Initial results are good but I need more time testing it before we do the switch.
- Direction for new Debugger was set. There are multiple issues created with features we want.
Also, some docs were added:
- Prevent validators mutating data decision.
- No alignment added to code style.
- Entry scripts
- Draft of service components
Thank you for your support!