Yii 2.0.22, extension releases and Yii 3 progress
First of all, huge thanks to all backers! You are making further Yii development possible. I have added another OpenCollective goal that, if funding gathered for, would allow delivering more of both Yii 2 and Yii 3 in less time.
It is 00:00 July 3rd. Release Tuesday done despite of dangerous spaghetti trying to destroy my hand with boiling water :)
Yii 2 and extensions
Both visible development and invisible thinking and planning does happen for the new major version of the framework.
- Security package was extracted
- yii-dev tool got some extra commands that help developing faster: ability to pull/push/commit for all repositories at once, ability to replicate changes from one repository to other repositories and more
- Github template repositories proved to be useful. Here's ours. Using yii-dev it was applied to every Yii 3 repository bringing colorful pull request templates and, what's more important, new config for Scrutinizer that makes test builds faster
- Symfony console was adopted for console commands. It's not a final decision but has a chance to survive till final release
- Summed up commit messages style we'd like to see in Yii 3 repositories
- There are big community efforts about Yii 3 as well. Multiple pull requests are there about cache and one about mailer. These will be reviewed/merged this week.
- Community extensions collective is being discussed