Yii 2.0.23 release and Yii 3 progress
It is July 17, 00:00 again. Writing announcements at midnight seems to became a habit (I hope not).
Today I have tagged 2.0.23 that is a release focused on fixing MSSQL support. It is quite interesting one since all the fixes were made by a single person, Alexander Kartavenko. Thank you, Alex!
Additionally a bug was fixed in Yii 2 composer plugin.
Yii 3 development goes well:
- Error handler is back to web application in a good shape
- Cache is mostly done
- There are two new conventions about naming exceptions and interfaces
- Main mailer package is there thanks to Razon Yang
- Very first draft articles for the guide were published. Most interesting are:
- Saying hello (note that such verbose configuration style isn't final)
Big thanks to all contributors helping with pull requests and expertise and backers funding Yii development! You are really moving it forward.