Yii 2.0.25, extensions, Yii 3 progress
Hello everyone! This week we've got Yii 2 releases and some Yii 3 progress. Let's go straight to these.
- Yii 2.0.25 was released. It is a bugfix release. Should not break anything but checking changelog before update is always a good idea.
- Bootstrap 4 extension got an update. In this version Simon Karlen added an ability to override CSS classes via widget factory.
- Gii extension got minor update fixing a bug not highlighting part of the diff preview.
- Serializer was extracted from cache package.
- Cache package architecture was revised and became simpler, likely more efficient and ready to be decoupled even more.
- Yii demo got mailer example, simple layout and logout/login. I know it currently looks a bit too complicated but we are working on making it simpler.
- Yii web package got implementations for session, user and identity.
- Html was extracted.
Thanks to Alexander Kartavenko, Bulat Damdinov and Wilmer Arambula for helping Yii 3 with contributions. It is both more efficient and more fun to develop in such a good company.