A month passed since the previous issue and many things changed in the world during the time because of the virus. We have conferences canceled, travel ban, quarantine, kids at home almost 24/7, big changes in the IT landscape overall, etc.
What did not change is that there is a need for a solid development framework and our dedication to making Yii 3 happen. I'm glad you are supporting us despite the situation.
Stay healthy and enjoy reading.
🔷 Yii 2
Version 2.0.33 was released with 22 issues fixed and 4 enhancements added.
Additionally, the following extension releases were made:
🔶 Yii 3
To have a better picture of what happens and what's to be done we've created a Trello board.
- First package from Yii 3 got 1.0.0 version tag. That is a friendly exception. Not a huge deal but it is a start.
- Composer config plugin is now part of yiisoft.
- Composer config plugin build directory was moved into application runtime for better visibility.
- A project to port database abstraction layer and active record from Yii 2 was moved forward very significantly so the chance that we'll see it as a separate package is bigger than ever.
- Big progress on yiisoft/yii-queue package.
- DI container got proxies with the help of yiisoft/proxy and yiisoft/container-proxy.
- DI container was cleaned up and now provides less public methods. API got a bit simpler.
- The collector part of the debugger package progressed significantly. It is way handier than in Yii 2 in terms of helping you with collecting the data you need. With the help of a proxy container, it may capture any service methods.
- Gii progressed well.
- Validator package got skipOnError, ability to translate messages, immutable rules and conditional validation.
- Aliases package ability not to throw an exception on non-existing alias was removed.
- Thin file system abstraction package was introduced.
- More tests were added to yii-web package.
- VarDumper was refactored.
- Router got additional polishing.
- REST package got some initial implementation. Parts of it may be moved to
- The Emitter was moved out of the application to
📙 New and adjusted internal guidelines:
📙 New and adjusted guide pages:
- Upgrading from Version 2.0
- Saying Hello
- Service components
- Class autoloading
- Using Yii with Swoole
- Using Yii with RoadRunner
- Structure overview
- Security overview
- Working with Passwords
- Security best practices
- Trusted request
- Entry Scripts
📚 Reading recommendations
❤ Thank you!
I'd like to thank all backers and contributors making Yii 3 possible. We are moving it forward together.
👍 Special thanks for Yii 3 code contributions goes to: