New version of the forging pool software ADAMANT Pool v2.0.0
Published on June 19, 2021 by Aleksei Lebedev
Forging pool brings together users to support the ADAMANT network and gives out rewards for this. The pool program does everything automatically—it's convenient and reliable. For more information on delegates, pools, and voting, see Create your own ADAMANT forging pool.
We have released a new version of the forging pool program v2.0.0, its source code is open.
There are many changes in the update, we have completely rewritten the code. The main thing is that the new pool uses the reliable ADAMANT API library, so the program works more stable. This means that voters will receive their rewards correctly and on time.
The program has also become faster and less resource-intensive. It can be run on a virtual machine with 1 vCPU and 512 MB of RAM. We removed the dependencies on unnecessary libraries, and those that were left were updated.
If you want the pool to share a percentage to the ADAMANT Foundation, you can now specify that in the config file.
It is important to know that if you want to update an already running pool, it is better to delete the old one and install a new one instead. The /db/transactions file with the history of transactions can be saved.
The voting fee is now paid by the voters, so they will receive 0.5 ADM less. To make payments rational in relation to the fee, change the `minpayout` parameter in the config.
We also updated the design of the dashboard.
- Moving to ADAMANT JS API v1.0.0
- Default port 36667 instead of 36668
- High reliability
- Updated dependencies, removed unnecessary ones, replaced `request` with `axios`
- Code refactoring
- Markdown functions for notificator
- Remove read-only mode
- Add day of week option for `payoutperiod`
- Add log_level in config
- Add `donatewallet` to donate to ADAMANT Foundation
- Count delegate's productivity while distributing rewards
- Voter pays a transaction fee. Adjust `minpayout` to make payouts reasonable.
- Pool's info panel design update