£30k for local groups for climate justice in the UK
We have raised £30k to cover printing expenses for local groups of various movements working for climate justice in the UK.
If you are part of a movement working for climate justice (Fridays for Future, (Grand) Parents for Future, UKSCN, Extinction Rebellion, …) we can cover your expenses for printing posters, stickers, leaflets, etc.
Getting funding for local groups is hard
We have created local groups of various movements for the climate ourselves. We know it’s not easy to get funding to cover expenses. When we organise an action to raise awareness of the climate crisis, we often need to print posters, flyers, leaflets. But there isn’t the time to fundraise properly. Yet, there are foundations and family funds out there that want to support different movements for the climate but they don’t know how to help most effectively.
The money is often trapped within NGOs and foundations with slow and highly bureaucratic application processes, but the energy is within movements where local groups don’t have the time nor the structure to apply for that money.
We decided to do something about it.
We have raised £30k that we will use to reimburse printing expenses made by local groups in the UK working for climate justice (Extinction Rebellion, Fridays for Future, (Grand) Parents for Future, ...). This is a first trial and if successful, we intend to raise more money and expand the programme to other countries (if you want to create such fund in your region, please let us know, we will help you!).
How does it work?
- You print stickers, flyers, posters, leaflets at any printshop in the UK
- You take a picture of the receipt or you ask the vendor to directly file the invoice to the AllForClimate-UK collective
- You share on social media (twitter, facebook, instagram) a picture of the printed material with the hashtag #allforclimate from the social media account of your group (it has to have at least 50 followers or likes)
- You copy and paste the URL of that social media post when you submit your expense
- You will be reimbursed via your PayPal account (or the vendor will be paid via their bank account)
- Maximum £500 per local group per month
Who are we?
We are a collective of citizens that have been contributing to different movements for the climate. We have realised that our respective movements share some common issues. One of them is securing relatively small amounts of funding at short notice. We collaborated on weekly calls to understand how we could solve this issue and this is our first trial. We hope that it will help all of you who are already doing so much for the climate.
Thank you all for your work 🙏