Grant #114292 to Beeston Chilwell Area Mutual Aid Group
Fridge Freezer, Energy costs
Submitted by Mr Anthony Green
Dec 19, 2022
I am also applying for help towards my electric costs. Now the weather has turned bitterly cold and I am at home all the time as I am recovering from a recent heart attack, I am having to have the heating on most of the day just to keep warm and help me recover fully. The flat I am in is run on electric, no gas, and recently the costs of having my storage heaters on has increased to an unaffordable level. Even though my energy provider has started sending me vouchers since the autumn to help with the costs, they don't stretch enough to cover the entire month and I need some extra support to help keep my flat warm while I get better. I have worked out that if I receive an extra £20 it will get me through Christmas and the New Year and I should be recovered enough from my health scare by then. So I am requesting your help and support for this cost as well, thank-you.
Total amount £50.00 GBP
The Social Change Nest
Important - your name and details of your request will be visible to people who visit this site if you enter them into the request form.
If you wish to keep your details private;
- Do not use your full name in your user account on the Open Collective website
- Use the description "See Attachment" and upload the description of your request as an attachment
Payments will be made from Attenborough, Beeston & Chilwell Mutual Aid for survival needs such as the following;
- Paying utility bills
- Home emergencies
- Getting paid back for
If you are having trouble getting food we recommend asking on your local street group, the Labour Hub on Chilwell High Road or a food bank for donations
Rules for getting a payout:
- Maximum payout will be £50 per person to ensure we have enough for everyone (this has been increased from £25 originally)
- You MUST include a photo or picture that shows your address or postcode in text so we can verify you live in the area
- If you put "See Attachment" in the description make sure you also attach something with the reason for your payout
- You will need to specify whether you wish to be paid by Paypal or another method; bank transfer is ideal. If you wish to be paid by bank transfer please include bank details in an attachment.
No proof of financial hardship required.
Payments will be made on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays due the working hours of finance staff
(The below line is a stock line from the platform - please follow the above instructions)
How do I get paid from a Collective?
How are expenses approved?
Is my private data made public?
When will I get paid?
Why do you need my legal name?
Collective balance£1.78 GBP
The Social Change Nest