HackerspaceSG is Singapore's very own hackerspace.
Why are we raising funds?
Here are some of the things we'd like to do:
- Infrastructure improvements to make our new space better
- As of July 2022: install better lighting, and paint some of the walls white to make our place better for events
- Spread out the financial costs of operating the space — more people means everyone gets to pay less!
- When we get closer to our goal, our aim is to revise membership prices down, because we want more people to be able to use the space and keep our community active and connected.
- Have open nights for anyone to be able to come in, work on their own projects, and interact with people (if you'd like to attend one, let us know in our Telegram group chat!)
- Nurture, engage, and involve students and career switchers in our tech and maker communities, so that Singapore's tech community continues to stay vibrant!
As the tech and maker communities we've touched have grown tremendously since our founding in 2009, we hope that more people would be willing to chip in with a small, regular monthly contribution. We'll be able to keep the lights on, and do so much more, with 300 people contributing $16/month each. (That's $4,800 a month, which would let us survive, and give us a healthy 30% buffer for us for improvements, or just to let us save up for a newer, more accessible space.)
Would you be willing to be one of our 300 Spartans helping keep our space and community alive?
(p.s. New and curious about Open Collective? Here's the link to their payment documentation. If you're unable to cancel the recurring payment to HackerspaceSG on your end and need help, please contact us and we'll try to assist the best we can.)
(p.p.s. Don't want to create an account? You can make a one-time contribution using this Stripe payment link!)
How can I get in touch?
Can I help share this page at events?
Become a financial contributor.
Top financial contributors
S$1,664 SGD since Dec 2021
S$324 SGD since Nov 2021
S$320 SGD since Jul 2022
S$300 SGD since Oct 2021
S$256 SGD since Jun 2022
S$256 SGD since Oct 2022
S$240 SGD since Mar 2021
S$240 SGD since Sep 2021
S$200 SGD since Sep 2021
S$200 SGD since Nov 2021
S$100 SGD since Sep 2021
S$100 SGD since Sep 2021
S$100 SGD since Nov 2021
S$80 SGD since Jul 2022
S$64 SGD since Oct 2022
S$50 SGD since Nov 2021
HackerspaceSG is all of us
Our contributors 18
Thank you for supporting HackerspaceSG.
Tai Shi Ling
Transparent and open finances.
Credit from Vickreman Harvey Chettiar to HackerspaceSG •
Credit from Tai Shi Ling to HackerspaceSG •