Become a financial contributor.
Top financial contributors
£95 GBP since Apr 2020
£40 GBP since Aug 2020
£30 GBP since Apr 2020
£20 GBP since Mar 2020
£12.11 GBP since Apr 2020
£10 GBP since Mar 2020
£10 GBP since Apr 2020
£10 GBP since May 2020
£10 GBP since Jun 2020
£5 GBP since Mar 2020
£5 GBP since Apr 2020
Horsell Prepared is all of us
Our contributors 18
Thank you for supporting Horsell Prepared.
Payment for Shopping
Transparent and open finances.
What is this system for?
- Reimbursing Horsell Prepared volunteers for payments they have made out of their own pocket for shopping or prescriptions, which has not been paid for directly by "clients" (those self-isolating who cannot get to the shops).
- Receiving payments from "clients" for their shopping or prescriptions which has been done (and paid for) by Horsell Prepared volunteers.
- IMPORTANTLY, THIS SYSTEM MAKES IT POSSIBLE FOR THE VOLUNTEER TO BE PAID IMMEDIATELY EVEN WHEN THE CLIENT TAKES TIME TO PAY. HENCE ENSURING NO VOLUNTEER IS OUT OF POCKET. It may be logistically or financially difficult for some of our "clients" to pay immediately during this time.
- Receiving donations from Horsell residents (or businesses) into this collective which helps us maintain a "community float" to cover the cashflow problems that our clients have at this difficult time. If you donate into this collective, your money will go towards:
- Funding the (small) payment fees that allow us to run this shared, transparent, community accounting system, hence enabling it to exist for the benefit of all.
- Preventing cashflow problems, allowing us to reimburse volunteers for payments they've made for shopping, BEFORE the client has paid us for the shopping. So that volunteers won't be out of pocket for long.
- Allowing us to extend (temporary) credit to those who are self-isolating and usually rely on cash, but can't get to a cashpoint, therefore don't have a way to pay volunteers for shopping at the moment.
- Occasionally, reimbursing volunteers for payments they make where the client genuinely can't afford to pay for it. We do not offer long-term support to such cases, and always refer them to Woking Foodbank and/or Woking Citizen's Advice and/or other hardship funds, however we may fund short term emergency provisions on a one-off basis.