New multi-platform images!
As said in earlier post, we have started to build our images as multi-platform/arch. Doing this requires some re-writing of the images and build scripts and also requires new build servers with better support for architecture emulation.
Currently we have discontinued a few of our low-range (OVZ) servers, as the kernel on those doesn't support multi-platform emulation as with a bare metal or none host-kernel bound virtualized server. Instead we have acquired a bare metal server with 8 cores and 32gb ram to be able to build all platforms without it taking more time than necessary.
In the earlier post, the images we had ported to build for multiple platforms where only the base images. The work have proceeded and a few more of our images are now supporting more architectures!
The following images have been updated:
- NginX (Alpine Linux - amd64, arm64, ppc64le, i386, s390x)
- Memcached (Alpine Linux - amd64, s390x, ppc64le)
- Lighttpd (Alpine Linux - amd64, arm64, ppc64le, i386, s390x)
- Docker (Alpine Linux - amd64, arm64, armv7, ppc64le, s390x)1
- Kubectl (Alpine Linux - amd64, arm64, i386, ppc64le, s390x)
1 Different images support different architectures due to docker not supporting all in all versions.
The work continues and hopefully we will soon have support for all architectures in all our images!