OpenCutList 1.9.5 is out, let's climb Mont Blanc together!
The last updates since 1.9.0 have seen a number of fixes and new features, among them:
- Cutting diagrams can now be limited to a selection of parts in the list. This is useful when you have missed a part or made a wrong cut.
- When adding offcuts to cutting diagrams, a quantity can now be added. If you have several offcuts with the same dimensions, you can enter them all at once.
- The dimension input fields have been improved by a better validation to ensure consistent entries.
- A link to a list of YouTube Tutorials in various languages has been added.
- 🇮🇹 Italian language option has been added thanks to Pierluigi.
- 🇧🇷 Portuguese language option has been added thanks to Nayton Sanches.
Let's climb Mont Blanc together!
We have noticed that OpenCutList is not only used by hobby woodworkers, but also by a growing community of professionals.
In this version we have added a "Report" button at the upper right margin of the Part List tab.
With the next major update (1.10.0), we would like to be able to add a single click report, containing the estimated material costs and weight of a project, parts lists and cutting diagrams combined in a single document.
Implementing this will take quite a lot of effort and obviously keep us away from the workshop where we make money, therefore we have fixed a financial objective of $ 4,808.- before starting to code this new feature. This amount corresponds to the altitude of Mont Blanc!
We hope that by spreading the word this objective will be reached in a short time. In the meantime, we will continue adding smaller features!
OpenCutList will remain Open Source and newly added features will be available to everybody.
❤️ We would like to thank you for your contribution and support !
The OpenCutList team