Progress Update on Version 2.0
It has been less than a month since we started working on Version 2.0. Although the development version is not ready for release, we would like to keep you up to date with the upcoming changes.
So far we have worked on:
- improving the label editor with thumbnails, rotation of elements;
- enhancing the cutting diagram algorithm by reducing the number of options to configure;
- adding several display options to the cutting diagram like full width display, primary cuts, origin bottom left (see screenshot below);
- adding new languages with Polish (Jarek, Greg and Team) and Czech (Radek) and starting work on right to left languages with Arabic (Soul) and Hebrew (Sergey);
- keeping the translations up to date (Wladimir, Pierluigi, Carlos and Leonardo);
- resolving compatibility issues with SketchUp 2021 (like Tag folders);
- fixing small bugs and annoyances;
- introducing a new preset system (we will talk later about this!) to make it easier to keep settings across models.
You all look forward to seing the new features in action, but it is still too early to commit on a release date.
Edsger W. Dijkstra once said that "Version 1.0 should be the product". We do not completely agree with this statement, but releasing early and often would be too disruptive for professional users who want a reliable product, not a bug.
We ask you to be patient a little longer before we publish version 2.0.
Stay safe and enjoy woodworking!
The OpenCutList team
We must be patient to come up with a better product.
I take this opportunity to offer myself as a translator to the Spanish-Latin American language.
To be part of the team, all you need is register on Transifex and I will assign you to the Spanish Team. Currently we are focusing on making as generic as possible translations, disregarding local differences that may exist (US English - UK English, France French - Canada French, ...), but we still would like to make it understandable for all users.
Great product I am glad to contribute to this..
But all features will be out at the same time.
They do an excellent job, successes.
Hardware (Accesorio) will be part of Version 2.0.0 (with pricing/units per pack/weight).
Edge banding can already be configured from the Parts Properties or by applying material to the edges. If you want Edge Banding around a part, you can double-click after the first edge has material and then the other edges will get the same material. You can also edit multiple parts at once when you select them together in the Parts List.
Labels will offer the basic colors + any color that can be expressed in RGB values. If you need different labels for different jobs, you will be able to save them and reuse them.
The color picker in Version 2.0.0 is smaller with only 12 colors. But you can enter any RGB value as #xxxxxx. Remember that you can save the material including all OpenCutList parameters in a .skm file for reuse in other projects.