Open source community-driven standards.
Become a contributor
Open Standards is all of us
Our contributors 1
Everyone who has supported Open Standards. Individuals and organizations that believe in –and take ownership of– our purpose.
The open source community is huge, we all come from different places from different backgrounds, with different ways to resolve problems.
In this new era where collaboration is a big part of being able to come to the best possible solution, having standards that could help us all have common ground on how to resolve certain problems sounds like a basic requirement.
Being able to create something that followed pre-established conventions we can all agree on basically helps us:
- measure quality in some way
- in case of software development, standards would assist a developer in understanding what a piece of software provides in order to facilitate usage
- provide an understandable and universally accepted way to collaborate on any type of project
- promote a healthy way to extend any project when collaboration guidelines are followed
- bring up to speed newcomers to a project being able to ramp up reading applied standards