August 2019 Update
Solarpunk social hardware with Scuttlebutt
Greetings from the PeachCloud team! August brought with it the first expense submission to our Open Collective, with @glyph invoicing for $1,000 (40 hours of work at $25 per hour). It is a terrific feeling to be able to draw on the financial support of our peers and sponsors. Our balance now stands at $2,603.06.
Without further ado, here is a summary of the technical progress made during August:
- Addition of RPC's to peach-network microservice to allow WiFi mode switching (AP <> Client)
- Refactor of peach-menu state-machine to improve maintainability
- Updates to peach-menu, including OLED display power toggle, shutdown and network traffic stats
- Creation of a simple supervisor config to run microservices (for development work-flow)
- Refactor of peach-web to separate concerns
- Addition of Tera: a template engine based on Jinja2/Django templates and written in Rust
September will see a continuation of the development of the web application frontend for PeachCloud. Initial development will focus on replicating the functionality of the physical interface and allowing the management of WiFi connectivity (list local networks, connect to a local network, forget a network etc.).
Thank you for reading our update and for your continued support. Until next time, much love from the PeachCloud team!