Chrome's Web Framework & Tools Performance Fund
Frameworks have been doing excellent work around improving performance in the last year. Chrome's framework fund was created because we want to support those efforts. We believe a healthy framework ecosystem is an essential part of the web platform.
After careful consideration (and asking frameworks), we are particularly interested in supporting projects that tackle:
- reducing initial bundle size
- progressive delivery of resources after the initial bundle
- improvements to meta frameworks (e.g. Next, Nuxt)
- underlying tools that affect all frameworks (e.g. webpack, parcel)
- selective hydration and reducing hydration time
- anything else Shubhie and Nicole talked about at Google IO 2019
Submissions to the fund are now in review. Watch out for projects we'll be approving for funding through 2019!