Open Source Collective
- Open Collective: Sustaining Open Source for the Future. , Tue Sep 26 2017 05:30:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time), Skills Matter
- Webinar: How Webpack Reached $400K+/year in Sponsorship & Crowdfunding, Mon Oct 09 2017 04:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time), Portland
Do you have an open source project? Do you want to also ask people in the community to contribute financially to the project? Then join the Open Source Collective. We are a non profit and our goal is to provide you with a legal home so that you can receive money from individuals and organizations.
- Your Own Virtual Entity: collect money, issue invoices and pay for expenses without all the hassle of creating and maintaining a separate legal entity.
- Full Transparency: your community can see in real time how much money you have, who is contributing and how much and how the money is spent.
- Expense Management: an expense is like a pull request; anyone can file it but only the core contributors can "merge" them.
- Open Data: you have access to all the data including the email addresses of your backers. We also provide an API.
- 5% platform fee (Open Collective — used to develop the platform in open source)
- 5% host fee (Open Source Collective non profit — used to mutualize accounting and legal cost across all open source collectives)
- 2.9% + $0.30 payment processor fee (Stripe)
- You need to have at least two core contributors (people with write access to your repository)
- You need to have at least 100 stars on Github