Cost of Living and Debt Community Meeting
Open discussion on what people know & think about the following:- #DontPay | Legal ramifications of not paying (Presentation) | Direct community resistance (Workshop)
Saturday, September 10, 2022, 5:00 PM - 7:30 PM (UTC+00:00)
Created by: Community Workshops
Fiscal Host: Food & Solidarity
Let’s get the ball rolling!
News from Cost of Living and Debt Community Meeting
Updates on our activities and progress.
New year, New workshops! 14th January
Published on January 2, 2023 by Food & Solidarity
Community Protection In the Cost of Living Crisis
In September this year, we held this event on the cost of living crisis. Where we discussed debt, the #dontpayuk camp...
Published on November 23, 2022 by Food & Solidarity
Yesterday, at our Cost of Living and Debt Community Meeting, we discussed & listened to each other....
Published on September 11, 2022 by Elgan
Aim of the day!
- What is the Don’t Pay Plan?
- Legal ramifications of not paying
- Direct community resistance
We will go through:
- Can I get in legal trouble for not paying?
- Can I be evicted for going into energy debt?
- Can I be forced onto a pre-payment meter?
- Will my energy get cut off?
- Can my benefits be sanctioned?
- Will my credit rating be affected?
- Will the bailiffs show up?
Among other things!
120-124 Buckingham Street
Transparent and open finances.
Estimated annual budget