The Kola Nut Collaborative
The Kola Nut Collaborative (KNC) is a mutual support network of people engaged in reciprocal exchange of services, skills, and goods through a timebank where the currency is an hour of time for everyone.
Become a contributor
Join member supported timebank for $25 per year Read more
$25 USD / year
Join member supported timebank for $35 per year Read more
$35 USD / year
Join member supported timebank for $50 per year Read more
$50 USD / year
Support our work with a one-time contribution of $150 Read more
Bese Saka (Sack of Kola Nuts)
Support our work with a one-time contribution of $300 Read more
Nkuruma Kesee (Big Okro)
Support our work with a one-time contribution of $500 Read more
Top financial contributors
$35 USD since Apr 2020
See how money openly circulates through The Kola Nut Collaborative . All contributions and all expenses are published in our transparent public ledger. Learn who is donating, how much, where is that money going, submit expenses, get reimbursed and more!
~ $199.49 USD
The Kola Nut Collaborative is all of us
Our contributors 9
Everyone who has supported The Kola Nut Collaborative . Individuals and organizations that believe in –and take ownership of– our purpose.
Deidra Marie ...
It's a family affair! Ile Somerville looks forward to joining the movement.
To promote and sustain a robust timebanking infrastructure which supports non-monetary transactions amongst individuals and organizations allowing a greater sum of the realized value of work to be retained and shared within local communities.
To make social infrastructure visible within our communities. Social infrastructure describes the invisible bonds and relationships which constitute a generative capital that can be accumulated and circulated through timebanking.
- To improve the quality of life of members by linking them to a high value citywide database of skills and human assets.
- To increase the accessibility of local skills pools to individuals, small businesses and community based organizations.
- To develop and sustain a complementary community currency which decreases financial pressure, reinforces the fabric of trust and creates new opportunities for engagement between stakeholders within communities.
- To develop a co-production pipeline which enables more agile delivery of human and social services by linking some recipients directly to services provided by members in their local communities.
We uphold the Five Core Values of Timebanking:
- Everyone is an asset with something to contribute.
- Some work cannot be measured by its market price.
- Reciprocity builds mutual trust and social bonds.
- Social networks amplify our shared power.
- Respect ensures that no voice goes unheard.