Open Collective
Open Collective
Loading

Updates

Updates on our activities and progress.

Most recent
My last update
Published on April 5, 2024 by Andre Staltz
Dear backers, It is very difficult for me to write this update. I have decided that my time to build up SSB, Manyverse, and the new PPPPP protocol is over. Your resolute support is humbling, and for my last blog update, I want to properly e...
March 2024 update
Published on March 5, 2024 by Andre Staltz
Dear backers, Last month we had our first "it works!" milestone for a toy app working with PPPPP. It was exciting, but we also uncovered a lot of bugs and crashes. The biggest problems were: Live updates weren't working, app restarts were n...
February 2024 update
Published on February 5, 2024 by Andre Staltz
Hey friends, In the previous update, I wrote how we started building a toy app in the new protocol PPPPP. Well, I bring some great news about it. It works!!!!! It wasn't without obstacles, but I managed to get two computers connected to the...
January 2024 update
Published on January 5, 2024 by Andre Staltz
Dear backers, Welcome to 2024! Personally, I'm very excited. Yesterday I started working on the first PPPPP toy app, a collaborative whiteboard app. But I'm getting ahead of myself, let's first see what happened in December, in order....
December 2023 update
Published on December 5, 2023 by Andre Staltz
Dear backers, It's humbling to see new supporters joining, thank you so much for believing in what we're doing. Last month I mentioned how the conceptual phase of our new protocol is done, and we have started implementing it, fleshing out a...
November 2023 update
Published on November 5, 2023 by Andre Staltz
Hey backers, This is an exciting newsletter update, because I can finally say that the new protocol (codename PPPPP) is validated and ready to be implemented. Last month, I worked on a tricky and important case in garbage c...
October 2023 update
Published on October 5, 2023 by Andre Staltz
Hi backers, Thank you once again for being a vital (and reliable!) part of this project. First I want to inform of a small release we made of the app, containing this feature that prevents malicious use cases: 🔷 Show dialog when pressing u...
September 2023 update
Published on September 5, 2023 by Andre Staltz
Hey backers, This time I bring you a small Manyverse release, and progress report on how private messaging will work in the new protocol. Manyverse version 0.2309.4 has one small feature added by Andrew Chou: 🎉 Feature: show compose button...
August 2023 update
Published on August 5, 2023 by Andre Staltz
Dear backers, The new protocol is taking shape and we are getting a clear picture of how it's going to look like. The theoretical part of the protocol is 90% done (I'll share soon what the remaining 10% is) and then it's only a matter of im...
July 2023 update
Published on July 5, 2023 by Andre Staltz
Hey backers, The world of social media and social networking is still very much unstable, with the decline of Twitter, the rise of Bluesky / Nostr / Mastodon, and the uncertainty involving Instagram's Twitterlike project. What we're buildin...
Page of 7
Open Collective
Make your community sustainable.

Platform

Join

  • Create a Collective
  • About Fiscal Hosting
  • Discover
  • Find a Fiscal Host
  • Become a sponsor
  • Become a Host

Community

Company