Fork of Vim aiming at extensibility and usability
Become a financial contributor.
Top financial contributors
$405 USD since May 2021
$250 USD since Jul 2021
$210 USD since Mar 2021
$100 USD since Jul 2021
$80 USD since Feb 2021
$60 USD since Feb 2021
$50 USD since Dec 2020
$50 USD since Jan 2021
$50 USD since Feb 2021
$50 USD since Mar 2021
Transparent and open finances.
What is Neovim?
- Enable new contributors, remove barriers to entry.
- Unblock plugin authors.
- Develop first-class Lua/LuaJIT scripting alternative to VimL.
- Target all platforms supported by libuv.
- Leverage ongoing Vim development.
- Optimize out of the box, for new users but especially regular users.
- Deliver consistent cross-platform experience.
- In matters of taste/ambiguity, favor tradition/compatibility...
- ...but prefer usability if the benefits are extreme.
- Turn Vim into an IDE
- Limit third-party applications (such as IDEs!) built with Neovim
- Deprecate VimL
- POSIX vi-compatibility