A beautiful and truly unique documentation engine and static site generator.
Become a financial contributor.
Orchid is all of us
Our contributors 1
Everyone who has supported Orchid. Individuals and organizations that believe in –and take ownership of– our purpose.
> A beautiful and truly unique documentation engine and static site generator. Orchid is a brand-new, general-purpose static site generator for Java and Kotlin, with a focus on extensibility and aimed at developers looking to improve their technical documentation. Orchid was born out of a desire for better-looking Javadocs and frustration with how difficult is it to manage large Jekyll sites and keep it up-to-date with your code. Orchid supports a variety of plugins, including a wiki, static pages, blogs, and much more. It aims to have high compatibility with many of the existing static site generators, such as Jekyll, Gitbook, and Hugo, so that migration to Orchid is painless. And if you can't find a plugin to do what you need, Orchid provides an intuitive way to add your own private plugins and a rich API so you can make your site as beautiful and unique as an Orchid.
- Plugin-driven architecture
- Multi-theme support
- Admin interface to manage your content and gain deep insights into your build
- Link to other Orchid sites
- Powerful and flexible indexing, unique to Orchid
- Full-text static search
- Component-based content management
- Integrated deployment pipeline
- Fully replaces Jekyll, Hugo, Gitbook, Javadocs, and more!