Become a financial contributor.
Police Free Penn Mutual Aid is hosting the following events.
Police Free Penn Mutual Aid is all of us
Our contributors 49
Thank you for supporting Police Free Penn Mutual Aid.
Transparent and open finances.
Let’s get the ball rolling!
News from Police Free Penn Mutual Aid
Updates on our activities and progress.
Freedom Side School is coming together this weekend!
PFP Mutual Aid works to meet survival needs and build shared understanding about why people do not have what they need.
With roots dating back to the summer of 2020, Police Free Penn is an abolitionist assembly of Penn-affiliated individuals who organize to abolish policing and transform community safety at the University of Pennsylvania. This vision is expansive, because in order to achieve the abolitionist world we envision, it requires ALL OF US to engage and be accountable to the expansive vision of a different society, requiring we transform our relationships to create just systems where we may all live with dignity. In our founding demands, we reiterated that “This mission requires us to coordinate with organizing outside of the Penn bubble, because the illusion of the “bubble” pretends that our struggles are not interconnected and that what happens at Penn doesn’t significantly impact the overall city and larger world.” This has inspired our local organizing during the significant campaigns and numerous direct actions that we’ve taken on since our launch, drawing inspiration from the local movement leadership of the Black Philly Radical Collective and other BIPOC-led organizing in Philadelphia.
- Mutual aid projects work to meet survival needs and build shared understanding about why people do not have what they need.
- Mutual aid projects mobilize people, expand solidarity, and build movements.
- Mutual aid projects are participatory, solving problems through collective action rather than waiting for saviors.
- This mutual aid project is not charity. We are not here to provide resources based on sympathy for the unfortunate but to invest in individuals and initiatives that accelerate the possibility to undo the root causes of people’s oppression leading to our collective liberation. This work is about freeing us too.
- This mutual aid project is not and cannot ever be reparations.
- This mutual aid project is not and will not ever be a long-term solution to delivering the resources that our current economic system withholds from the majority of our communities. That is the work of political organizing which this platform cannot adequately respond.