The Foundation’s mission is to promote projects in the US with the following charitable purposes:
increasing access to educational resources and training,
creating a positive social impact and
developing tools to improve civic participation within cities or communities.
With the advance of technology and the movement towards a society where people work together to enhance and develop the future, there has been an increase in the number of organizations and groups that are coming together to promote education.
The Foundation’s social impact purpose will be aimed at finding ways to 1) eliminate prejudice and discrimination, 2) combat community deterioration, 3) decrease juvenile delinquency, 4) serve the less fortunate or distressed, 5) serve to prevent animal or child cruelty or 5) create a positive impact on society.
We will sponsor projects aimed at fostering civic participation, democratic debate, rebuild community ties and strengths.
If you have a project that fits our mission 👉🏼👉👉🏽👉🏾👉🏿 Apply here
By applying to have your project fiscally hosted by the Open Collective Foundation, you agree to these terms.
Some important points (see the full terms for details):
- Your project's mission must fit with the Foundation's mission overall, and further one of the charitable purposes.
- You can't use your Collective's money for any other purpose, or for private profit.
- We are only able to host US-based projects and fund US-based activity, not overseas expenses.
- If your Collective is hosted by the Foundation, donations are tax deductible for your financial contributors.
- Projects under our umbrella are not allowed to engage in political activity.
- You retain ownership of all your project's intellectual property.
- We will hold and manage funds on behalf of your project and we won't use them for anything else.
- A 10% fee applies and will be automatically deducted from incoming funds.