Resonate Co-op has been archived.
Resonate Co-op has been archived and is no longer active.
We're building a music streaming co-op. In addition to the donations tracked below, we've raised 5243€ from new listener memberships & supporter shares. In total, 9,198€ of our 20,000€ funding goal.
Resonate Co-op is all of us
Our contributors 71
Thank you for supporting Resonate Co-op.
If we don't get the funds we need, it won't be possible for us to keep our current builders. We need your help so that we can reach our full potential: a co-op music service owned by artists, listeners, and workers. By donating to Resonate, you can feel great knowing that you are contributing to the future of a fairer music industry for all.
The Resonate Renewal
✅ New streaming player: make and share playlists, improved search, and more...
🔲 Single login across resonate; uniting website, player, and forum
🔲 Artist upload tool: artists will be able to self-upload their work to the Resonate platform
✅ Redesigned community forum, now available to everyone
🔲 Accounting and payments for artists and the co-op
🔲 New main website
🔲 Development of the Resonate forum as a democratic work and governance center
🔲 Bulk upload tool: allows music labels to upload their entire catalogs in one easy and efficient process.
How Our Streaming Platform Is Different
We're a Cooperative
In contrast to other corporate digital service providers, which are weighted in favour of the major labels over independent artists, we are a multi-stakeholder cooperative composed of listener-members, artist-members, and worker-members. Regardless of member class, all co-op members are co-owners of the platform. Everyone has a say in how Resonate should be run, and what the future of Resonate will be. In addition to our platform, our community is another valuable part of Resonate that separates us from all other streaming platforms. We value community so much, in fact, that we’ve built out an entire Community Forum where we make decisions together about how the Resonate platform is run. Members can join us here.
The Streaming Platform
Ideas for the Future:
- Browse the catalog by composer, writer, audio engineer, etc. with advanced search filters.
- Offline support
- Download tracks that you own and listen to them offline in high quality.
- Analytics and play reports
- Track your listening habits, and see how much money went to creators.
- Community streaming
- Allows local artists and listeners (without a good internet connection) to sync with global Resonate users to stream and share their creations both in their own community, and with a wider audience.
- Reach out and share
- Gift listening credits to new listeners and your friends.
- Co-op creds
- Use your Resonate membership to join a network of co-operatives.
- Trust and authentication
- Simple and verifiable licensing, personalized streams, and special offers.
- And so much more...
**Do you have an idea to make our streaming platform better? After you donate, join our Community Forum so we can hear from you.
Stream2Own Pricing Model
Our stream2own model incentivizes discovery, while rewarding stronger connections between supporters and artists. Each Resonate listening credit is worth about €1.23 (EUR) or $1.49 (USD). Depending on how you listen, a single Resonate credit normally gives you a decent amount of listening time for you to discover many different songs, while also being able to support the ones you like best.
However you decide to stream, streaming2own like this helps music-makers get the money they deserve, while also rewarding listeners who show their support for an artist, so we can all benefit from the wonderful music that brings us all together.
- How can we ensure long-form music is fairly compensated?
- How can listeners enjoy their collection offline in lossless quality?
- How can we give artists more control over pricing?
- How can we provide a place for podcasts and other creative works?
- How can listeners and artists connect in new ways?
- How can we support and collaborate with each other, not just between artists and listeners, but across like-minded platforms?
- How can we amplify the social power of music?
Aside from the Resonate Player itself, the heart of our global community is our forum, where members chat, share stories, and dream away on how we change and grow. Join us here, get in on the conversation, help to fund our projects, and lend a hand so that we can build a better streaming platform.
The Community Forum
- Chat with other members
- Learn about the co-op and platform
- Join projects and gatherings
- Vote on proposals, policies, and board positions
- Open-source ecosystem
- Access the Resonate Handbook
- Learn about Resonate
- Learn about cooperatives
- Grow your knowledge of discourse and forums
- Get your questions answered
- If you have questions about Resonate, this is THE place to find answers. Also, if you’re looking to get tips and advice from other talented musicians and industry experts, strike up a conversation in our forum and get learning.
- Pitch ideas and be heard
- Don’t wait for Spotify or some other platform to change. Start the change in the music industry that you want to see right now.
- Become an active member
- Take ownership and responsibility at the co-op as a worker-member to help us strategize and build.
Ideas for the Future:
- Community Credentials
- The Community Credentials project can give you exclusive access to artists and their teams, upon their discretion.
- More efficient building on our API
- Collective spaces for artists and music workers to share ideas and host (their own) events/meetups.
- Share your favorite tracks and playlists — in real time.
- And so much more...
Let’s get the ball rolling!
News from Resonate Co-op
Updates on our activities and progress.
Open Collective Crowdfunding Campaign Report
Thank you for your support!
Transparent and open finances.