Open Source Collective Community Call — June '22
A monthly forum for OSC projects to speak directly with staff and one another about experiences, concerns, needs, and aspirations. https://us06web.zoom.us/j/81566713952?pwd=NExocGFwUzVnS2hYOUZTbUVkRkRuQT09
Let’s get the ball rolling!
This month, we are planning to cover:
- How we can best let people know about free, funded tickets to non-technical, educational conferences and events; and
- The ongoing Support Ukraine fund; and
- And any asks from the attendees that relate towards approaching sustainable OSS.
If you missed our last conversation, you can watch a recording of it here, which will be up until this call, or read the write-up on the update announcing this event. In general, we want to make clear:
- Why we (Open Source Collective) want to build a strong, more community-centered fiscal host, and what we hope to achieve with these regular conversations;
- Approaches to paying contributors;
- Defining maintenance and approaches to valuing non-code contributions;
- Building inclusive and diverse communities and;
- Increasing a contributor base and improving developer experience by pairing with new contributors.
We'll continue to record and document these conversations for those of you who are unable to attend. For those of you who can, we look forward to seeing you on the third Thursday this month!