Open Source Collective Community Call — Mar '22
A monthly forum for OSC projects to speak directly with staff and one another about experiences, concerns, needs, and aspirations.
This year, we're hoping to continue that program with gusto. In order to run these calls more smoothly, we've hired a dedicated community development manager - Richard Littauer (that's me, I'm writing this). Richard has a long history of holding spaces for open source maintainers, with his work at SustainOSS, OSPO++, the Digital Infrastructure Fund, and his own consultancy, Maintainer Mountaineer.
If you missed our conversations last year, you can catch up with the past write-ups September, October, and November where we covered:
- why we (Open Source Collective) want to build a strong, more community-centered fiscal host, and what we hope to achieve with these regular conversations;
- approaches to paying contributors;
- defining maintenance and approaches to valuing non-code contributions;
- building inclusive and diverse communities and;
- increasing a contributor base and improving developer experience by pairing with new contributors.
We'll continue to record and document these conversations for those of you who are unable to attend. For those of you who can, we look forward to seeing you next week!
Core Team @ OSC