We maintain the Orthanc DICOM server eco-system.
Become a financial contributor.
Support the following initiatives from Orthanc.
Top financial contributors
€5,626.22 EUR since Feb 2022
€3,781.41 EUR since Feb 2022
€3,372.36 EUR since Feb 2022
€2,914.41 EUR since Apr 2022
€2,909.93 EUR since Apr 2022
€2,092.7 EUR since Feb 2022
€1,135.15 EUR since Feb 2022
€705.39 EUR since Jun 2022
€498.39 EUR since Aug 2023
€426.84 EUR since Feb 2022
€357.29 EUR since Apr 2022
€345.5 EUR since Nov 2022
€230.61 EUR since Jun 2023
€204.27 EUR since Apr 2022
€147.3 EUR since Jun 2023
€58,986.04 EUR since Feb 2022
Orthanc is all of us
Our contributors 31
Thank you for supporting Orthanc.
Transparent and open finances.
Credit from Roland Talanow to Orthanc •
Let’s get the ball rolling!
News from Orthanc
Updates on our activities and progress.
Orthanc Explorer 2: introducing user permissions and study publication links
- 2011 : Sébastien Jodogne created and developed Orthanc alone while working at the University Hospital of Liège – Belgium (CHUL).
- 2015 : Together with myself (Alain Mazy) and other stakeholders, Sébastien founded Osimis to provide professional services around or on top of Orthanc, as well as to propose certified products that can be deployed within US/EU hospitals.
- 2021 : Both Sébastien and I left the Osimis management team. Sébastien became professor at University of Louvain – Belgium (UCLouvain) and I went back to freelancing as a Software Developer.
- Osimis has decided to reduce its support to Orthanc development and focus on AI integration. Therefore, I’m willing to find a new sustainability model for the Orthanc eco-system.
- Sébastien continues to develop Orthanc for research and teaching purposes as part of his work at the University, and to maintain the project according to the mission statement of the Orthanc project: “Share technical knowledge about medical imaging.”
- I will maintain Orthanc with a focus on general community users like software vendors integrating Orthanc in their apps or users running Orthanc as a small PACS.
- Osimis is still providing the build/hosting infrastructure for the Orthanc project and is funding me a few days a month to keep the project active from an industrial point of view.
- The Orthanc IP belongs to CHUL – Osimis – UCLouvain and this will remain. Although this hinders accepting external contributions, this situation is currently fine for the maintainers. Should the project sustainability require it, the maintainers would have the opportunity to fork the project to make sure it keeps going forward. A fork is annoying for everyone, users and maintainers, so it is best to stay away from it.
Thanks a lot for your support.