a team working on solarpunk social protocols with Scuttlebutt
Become a contributor
See how money openly circulates through Sunrise Choir. All contributions and all expenses are published in our transparent public ledger. Learn who is donating, how much, where is that money going, submit expenses, get reimbursed and more!
2 days - packetstream debugging, new mux implementation
by Sean Billig • 9/17/2020
~ $168.16 USD
Sunrise Choir is all of us
Our contributors 11
Everyone who has supported Sunrise Choir. Individuals and organizations that believe in –and take ownership of– our purpose.
Happy to see Sunrise Choir pushing the boundaries. Ship it!
the Sunrise Choir is a team developing the next generation of solarpunk peer-to-peer communication systems using Scuttlebutt.
we aim to evolve the fundamentals of the Scuttlebutt core protocol: to create both a future-proofed, maintainable, and accessible implementation and a tightly-coordinated, clearly defined, focused, and rhythmic team.
we want future peer-to-peer communication infrastructure:
- backwards-compatible with the existing Scuttlebutt network
- developed by a well-coordinated team with a clear roadmap
- accessible to new developers and maintainable by existing developers
- friendly to other human and computer languages, composed of orthogonal parts that each focus on a separate concern
- well-specified for humans to audit design, well-documented for humans to grok implementation, and well-tested for computers to check implementation
- designed for crypto upgrades we should expect and designed for future changes we didn't expect
the current Sunrise Choir roadmap, in a nutshell:
- developing a core protocol team, with regular weekly meetings, a strict focus towards a clear roadmap, and monthly newsletters to share progress.
- developing a Rust-powered Scuttlebutt-native database, using the best of flumedb and existing SQL systems
- developing a consensus-free Scuttlestack, to allow different Scuttlebutt applications to cooperate in harmony without conflicts: %1bz0TXDuaM65KMTb8bgtrXuqD7L77baneTdoJ0EwRug=.sha256
- Mikey's original project announcement: %zv56AbEcR1+XKcOF3E7J+HNoKrxsd+0MQ/eVPQanfb8=.sha256
- Piet's dev diary: %kz7ve17CCEHif6owCfyjBKDkUdyAlatZ7SPV18gJ2Gk=.sha256
- Aljoscha's dev diary: %ZBzVJhKOYub7bFtZpYCeXPa3O7Me4gftEl80b+ts6Kk=.sha256
- Matt's dev diary: TODO
Sunrise Choir workers are paid a flat rate per day of work towards the current roadmap.
note: the Sunrise Choir only sponsors a maximum of 20 working days per month, to prevent burn-out.
the default rate is: (5000 USD per month / 20 working days per month) == 250 USD per working day
the team is currently funded by Mikey for a total of 1 + 1/3 full-time equivalents, but this is only a temporary bootstrap, we need your help to become financially sustainable!