.ignore plugin that handles .gitignore (and many other dot-ignore like files) in JetBrains IDEs (IntelliJ, PhpStorm, Android Studio, ...).
Become a contributor
Top financial contributors
$100 USD since Nov 2018
$80 USD since Jan 2019
$50 USD since Apr 2018
$30 USD since Aug 2018
$20 USD since Nov 2017
$20 USD since Apr 2018
$15 USD since Mar 2019
$10 USD since Apr 2018
$10 USD since Jul 2018
$10 USD since Aug 2018
$10 USD since Oct 2018
$10 USD since Jan 2019
$10 USD since May 2019
$10 USD since May 2019
$10 USD since Jun 2019
$180 USD since Jan 2019
See how money openly circulates through .ignore. All contributions and all expenses are published in our transparent public ledger. Learn who is donating, how much, where is that money going, submit expenses, get reimbursed and more!
~ $0.00 USD
.ignore is all of us
Our contributors 20
Everyone who has supported .ignore. Individuals and organizations that believe in –and take ownership of– our purpose.
18 Jun 2014 - this is the date of my first commit to the idea-gitignore repository.
- 3+ years,
- 800+ commits,
- 6,5M+ downloads,
I am still actively developing this .ignore plugin.
What and why?
A lot of people are using IDEs made by JetBrains company - like IntelliJ, PhpStorm, Android Studio, PyCharm and others… me too. And I'm working with GIT, Docker, NPM - hype words, right.
But there is (was) a problem - missing support for something so obvious like .gitignore file. So I have decided to fill this gap. And here it is - plugin that supports not only .gitignore, but also other ignore-like files (general idea: list files in .somethingignore, use glob pattern).
And what it does?
- Files syntax highlight
- Graying out ignored files in the Project View
- Gitignore templates filtering and selecting in rules generator by name and content
- User custom templates
- Show ignored files by specified Gitignore file
- Create file in currently selected directory
- Generate Gitignore rules basing on GitHub's templates collection
- Add selected file/directory to Gitignore rules from popup menu
- Suggesting .gitignore file creation for new project
- Entries inspection (duplicated, covered, unused, incorrect syntax, relative entries) with fix actions
- Comments and brackets support
- Navigation to entries in Project view
- Renaming entries from ignore file
- Close opened ignored files action
- Custom user templates with import/export features
What is supported?
You are supported! <3
Jokes aside! Almost everything. If something is missing - let me know - I'll add it!
- .gitignore (GIT),
- .hgignore (Mercurial),
- .npmignore (NPM),
- .dockerignore (Docker),
- .chefignore (Chef),
- .cvsignore (CVS),
- .bzrignore (Bazaar),
- .boringignore (Darcs),
- .mtn-ignore (Monotone),
- ignore-glob (Fossil),
- .jshintignore (JSHint),
- .tfignore (Team Foundation),
- .p4ignore (Perforce),
- .flooignore (Floobits),
- .eslintignore (ESLint),
- .cfignore (Cloud Foundry),
- .jpmignore (Jetpack),
- .stylelintignore (StyleLint),
- .stylintignore (Stylint),
- .swagger-codegen-ignore (Swagger Codegen),
- .helmignore (Kubernetes Helm),
- .upignore (Up),
- .prettierignore (Prettier),
It is working - really!
Generate new file and templates usage
Support for typing new rules, linking rules with matched files