Open Source Collective Community Call — May '22
A monthly forum for OSC projects to speak directly with staff and one another about experiences, concerns, needs, and aspirations.
This month, we are planning to cover:
- How we're pooling resources to fund tickets to non-technical, educational conferences and events; and
- The Support Ukraine fund; and
- And any asks from the attendees that relate towards approaching sustainable OSS.
If you missed our conversations last year or earlier this year, you can catch up with the past write-ups September, October, and November where we covered:
- why we (Open Source Collective) want to build a strong, more community-centered fiscal host, and what we hope to achieve with these regular conversations;
- approaches to paying contributors;
- defining maintenance and approaches to valuing non-code contributions;
- building inclusive and diverse communities and;
- increasing a contributor base and improving developer experience by pairing with new contributors.
We'll continue to record and document these conversations for those of you who are unable to attend. For those of you who can, we look forward to seeing you on the third Thursday this month!
This year, we've been hoping to host these regularly, but haven't succeeded there. We're working to ensure that this event is well-publicized and available! Thank you for being patient.
Core Team @ OSC