Free cross-platform password manager compatible with KeePass
Become a financial contributor.
Top financial contributors
$620.03 USD since Jun 2021
$120 USD since Sep 2019
$112 USD since Jan 2021
$50 USD since Sep 2019
$25 USD since Apr 2020
$25 USD since Apr 2021
$15 USD since Apr 2020
$13 USD since Dec 2020
$9 USD since Oct 2019
$8 USD since Oct 2019
$202 USD since Nov 2019
$196 USD since Oct 2019
$125 USD since Nov 2019
$110 USD since Oct 2019
$100 USD since May 2020
$88 USD since Sep 2019
$75 USD since May 2020
$70 USD since May 2020
$64 USD since Dec 2019
$59 USD since Sep 2019
KeeWeb is all of us
Our contributors 151
Thank you for supporting KeeWeb.
Transparent and open finances.
Let’s get the ball rolling!
News from KeeWeb
Updates on our activities and progress.
Free and Open
- the app is free (gratis) and will always remain free, at least for personal use;
- as well as it is and will be ad-free;
- KDBX format used in KeeWeb is a well-known format recognized by a lot of apps, there's absolutely no vendor lock-in;
- you don't have to install anything to run KeeWeb, just go to app.keeweb.info;
- the source code is available on GitHub, check it out to understand what happens inside your password manager;
- KeeWeb can be easily self-hosted in a number of ways;
- last but not least, the code is provided under a liberal MIT license, so that other developers can build their apps based on technologies used in KeeWeb.
- website: screenshots and features
- web app: run it online in any modern browser
- desktop apps: for macOS, Windows, and Linux
- GitHub repo: source code
- FAQ: answers to popular questions
- Twitter: updates
Where does the money go?
- code signing certificates for Windows and macOS;
- website hosting;
- domain names;
- resources for testing the app on different platforms;
- licenses for software used to create KeeWeb;
- hardware tokens for storing private keys;
- researching alternatives available on the market;
- time spent on answering questions, providing support, debugging, reviewing code, and so on.
- cover all costs of building the project and keeping it up-to-date;
- have an active Apple Developer account to update the certificates;
- upgrade the hosting solution;
- allocate more time for the project.
- conduct an external security audit;
- develop an app for iOS and Android.
- have a full-time maintainer;
- build an enterprise solution.