Open Collective Europe
Fiscal host organization for EU-based collectives
Our organisation hosts 300+ social impact projects across Europe. We are a Non Profit Organization dedicated to providing a simple, open, lightweight path for charitable initiatives and communities to manage their finances across Europe.
- What can an open collective do? An open collective can collect one time and recurring donations, grants and sponsorships. Anyone in the community can file expenses for reimbursement. After approval by the administrators of the collective, the host (in this case Open Collective Europe Non Profit) reimburse the full amount. Learn More.
- Can my collective receive financing from public institutions or grants? Yes. All collectives hosted under OC Europe can receive subsidies after signing a cooperation agreement with us. Learn more
- How much does it cost?
- There is a 6% administration fee + credit card fees (1.4% + €0.25 for European cards and 2.9% + €0.25 for non-European cards).
- If you wish to receive grants, public subsidies or sponsorships through manual bank transfers, the fee is 8%.
- Are donations tax-deductible? For the moment, only donations from Belgian donors are tax deductible. We are working to expand this option to most Western European countries.
Review our Docs for more information
- Your project's mission must fit with the Association's mission overall.
- You can't use your Collective's money for any other purpose, or for private profit.
- Your collective enters in an unincorporated partnership with us. Learn more
- We are only able to host EU-based projects and fund EU-based activity, not overseas expenses.
- Projects under our umbrella are not allowed to engage in political or religious activity.
- You retain ownership of all your project's intellectual property.
- We will hold and manage funds on behalf of your project and we won't use them for anything else.
email: [email protected]
Transparent and open finances.
Let’s get the ball rolling!
News from Open Collective Europe
Updates on our activities and progress.
Important updates about our Terms of Cooperation, fees & solidarity with Ukraine
Join us in Paris on May 24th!
Open Collective Europe: A new approach for the digital commons
Let’s get the discussion going! This is a space for the community to converse, ask questions, say thank you, and get things done together.
Why expense review is delayed
Published on May 15, 2022 by Yan Horobtsov
Hello, why does my expense still not reviewed and not paid? https://opencollective.com/orangefox/expenses/74883 Thank you.
New document on VAT?
Published on February 17, 2022 by Sam Gwilym
In the recent post about a Community forum https://opencollective.com/europe/updates/community-forum-this-thursday a 'new tax system' is mentioned and tha...
Add financial host details to Github sponsors
Published on October 16, 2021 by Filipe Laíns
Github Sponsors allows us to receive donations directly on Github. Would it be possible to contact Github to add Open Collective Europe as one of the fiscal hosts? The Open Collective Foundation is already available as one of the fiscal hos...
Become a financial contributor.
Give to this Tier and we'll create a Prepaid budget for you! Can be used to do a one front payment and setup a recurring contribution using a prepa... Read more
Starts at€100 EUR
Top financial contributors
€6,590.54 EUR since Nov 2021
€800.18 EUR since Jan 2022
€214.79 EUR since Feb 2022
€143.2 EUR since May 2019
€28.5 EUR since Mar 2022
€8.61 EUR since Sep 2021
€2.41 EUR since Sep 2019
€0.81 EUR since Apr 2019
€0.61 EUR since Aug 2020
€0.33 EUR since Dec 2021
Open Collective Europe is hosting the following events.
Open Collective Europe is all of us
Our contributors 27
Thank you for supporting Open Collective Europe.