Let us help you make a difference without the hassle of starting your own nonprofit. From garden collectives to global democracy initiatives, we support both small and large groups. Be a part of something bigger and join us at Open Collective Europe, a non-profit based in Belgium.
Feel free to contact us at [email protected] for any questions.
- What can an open collective do? An open collective can collect one time and recurring donations, grants and sponsorships. Anyone in the community can file expenses for reimbursement. After approval by the administrators of the collective, the reimburse the full amount. Learn More.
- Can my collective receive financing from public institutions or grants? Yes. All collectives hosted under OC Europe can receive subsidies after signing a cooperation agreement with us. Learn more
- How much does it cost?
- 6% fee + credit card fees (1.4% + €0.25 for European cards and 2.9% + €0.25 for non-European cards). This is suitable for smaller projects that only accept donations by card through our platform.
- 8% for most projects. This includes everything in the 6% tier, and also enables you to:
- Receives a grant or a sponsorship
- Receives tax-deductible donations
- Receives a public subsidy
- Receives a manual bank transfer
- 10% for tax deductible donations from US 501(c)(3) foundations and funds through our equivalency determination. Includes everything offered in lower tiers.
- Are donations tax-deductible? Yes, donations from many European countries, as well as from the United States, can be tax-deductible. OC Europe as been certified as equivalent to a Certified Public Charity by NGOsource. U.S. funders, including private foundations, can treat a non-U.S. organization as equivalent to a U.S. public charity if the non-U.S. organization goes through the equivalency determination process. Through our partnerships with foundations around Europe, including the King Baudouin Foundation, we can offer tax deductibility for donations from a range of countries in the EU. Please get in touch to find out if a donation could be eligible.
- Your project's mission must fit with the Association's mission overall.
- You can't use your Collective's money for any other purpose, or for private profit.
- Your collective enters in an unincorporated partnership with us. Learn more
- Projects under our umbrella are not allowed to engage in political or religious activity.
- You retain ownership of all your project's intellectual property.
- We will hold and manage funds on behalf of your project and we won't use them for anything else.
Transparent and open finances.
Let’s get the ball rolling!
News from Open Collective Europe
Updates on our activities and progress.
Level up: Participatory budgeting
Important updates about our Terms of Cooperation, fees & solidarity with Ukraine
Become a financial contributor.
Give to this Tier and we'll create a Prepaid budget for you! Can be used to do a one front payment and setup a recurring contribution using a prepa... Read more
Starts at€100 EUR
Top financial contributors
€42,599.77 EUR since Mar 2022
€6,590.54 EUR since Nov 2021
€5,451.04 EUR since Jun 2022
€800.18 EUR since Jan 2022
€214.79 EUR since Feb 2022
€143.2 EUR since May 2019
€112.92 EUR since Jan 2023
€97.23 EUR since Oct 2022
€93.8 EUR since Oct 2022
€62.02 EUR since Feb 2023
Open Collective Europe is hosting the following events.
Open Collective Europe is all of us
Our contributors 40
Thank you for supporting Open Collective Europe.